Stream Your Music Offline with These Tips
Having entertainment for long trips is just as important as your toothbrush and an extra pair of socks. Here’s how to download your favorite music from your streaming accounts, so you can worry about packing—not your data.
- Open Apple Music and find songs or playlists you like.
- Tap Add > Download to save for offline listening.
To make sure you see all of your music, open Settings > Music, and turn on iCloud Music Library.
Google Play Music
- Open Spotify and find or create a playlist.
- Tap the switch next to “Download songs” to save your music offline.
When you’re ready to hit the road, tap Your Library > Settings > Playback, then the switch next to Offline. This will make sure you don’t accidentally use any data.
Even without an Apple Music subscription, you can learn about sports, science, philosophy, and pretty much anything else via podcast.
- Open Podcasts and find something you like.
- Tap the Plus sign > Download to save an individual episode.
Tap SUBSCRIBE to automatically download any new ones.