How to Pay for Almost Anything Using Your iPhone
Ever filled up your cart and made it all the way through the checkout line, only to realize you forgot your wallet? No sweat. Apple Wallet and Apple Pay let you use your phone to make secure purchases almost anywhere.
Apple Wallet stores your credit, debit, and gift cards right on your phone (for security reasons, the company doesn’t keep this information on its servers). Once you add a card and unlock Apple Wallet with your passcode, use Apple Pay to buy whatever you want. Here’s how:
Set up Apple Wallet
- Open Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card > Continue and use your phone’s camera to scan your card, or tap Enter Card Details Manually.
- Enter your card information.
How to Use Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay at any register or ATM with a Tap and Pay or Apple Pay symbol on the card reader. Most major retailers—from hardware stores, to grocers, and even some vending machines—will let you use the service.
- Open Wallet and tap the card you want to use.
- Tap your phone to the card reader.
- Enter your passcode, or use Touch ID or Face ID to finish the purchase.