How to Pay for Almost Anything Using Google Pay
Forgetting your wallet can be frustrating and inconvenient, but it doesn’t have to be. Google Pay stores your credit and debit cards on your phone, so you can leave your wallet at home and buy what you need wherever mobile payments are accepted (hint: almost everywhere). Here’s how it works:
- Open the Google Pay app () and tap Get started.
- Tap Add a card.
- Use the camera to scan your credit or debit card, or tap Add manually.
- Tap Continue to verify Google Pay with your bank (if required).
Using Google Pay
- Use Google Pay at any register or ATM with a Tap and Pay symbol on the card reader.
- Unlock your phone and place it next to the card reader.
- You’ll see a blue check mark on your screen once the payment has gone through.
If it doesn’t work, open the Google Pay app and tap Turn on NFC to get started with mobile payments.