How Do I Copy and Paste Text on My Android Phone?
When we’re using a computer, we take for granted how easy it is to copy and paste a bit of text from one document or website to another. But on phone, it can be a little trickier — especially if you have big fingers and a small screen! But there are ways to make copy-pasting text on your device a little simpler and aggravation free.
- Locate the text you want to copy — be it from an email, tweet, or app.
- Tap and press on a word in the text to highlight to bring up two sliders. Adjust the range of the highlighted text by moving the sliders.
- Once you have everything selected, tap Copy.
- Open the app or webpage where you want to paste the text.
- Tap and hold in the text box to bring up the Paste option. Tap Paste, and boom — your text is right where you want it.
If you want to copy text from Messages, the process is slightly different:
- Lightly tap and press a text bubble to bring up a list of icons at the top of the screen.
- Choose the one that looks like two sheets of paper. That copies all the text in the message.
- You won’t get the sliders to select a highlighted portion, so when you paste your text you might need to do a little editing.
Now, go forth and share as much text as your fingers can highlight!