What you should do if you lose your phone
Google’s Find My Device feature lets you lock and locate your Android phone if it ever goes missing. Best case scenario: you get your phone back. Either way, your personal information is safe.
There are a few requirements for this feature to work:
- The lost phone must be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- It must be signed in to your Google account.
- Location services must be enabled (open Settings and tap the magnifying glass . Search for “Location” and turn it on).
How to Locate Your Phone:
- Go to google.com/android/find or open the Find My Device app on another device.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Find My Device will show the current location of your phone, or the last place it was located.
Once You Find It…
Losing your phone is stressful, but these steps should help you find it again—or at least protect your privacy.