Find your Gmail address and reset your password
To activate your new phone, you’ll need your Gmail address and password that’s associated with your old device. If you’ve forgotten either or both, you can easily find your Gmail address and reset your password from your device.
First, find your Gmail address:
- Open Settings > Google > Google Account.
- At the top of the screen, tap Security. You may have to swipe left to see it.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap Password.
- You’ll see your Gmail address under your name. Write it down and keep it in a safe place.
Next, reset your password:
- Tap Forgot Password? and answer the security questions to confirm your identity. If you don’t know the answers, tap Try another way.
- Once you’ve confirmed, enter a new password that you haven’t already used with this account.
- Your password has been reset.