Connect Your iPhone to Your Bluetooth Devices
Do you ever feel like you’re living in a sea of tangled cords? Try Bluetooth—a convenient, wireless way to connect your devices to your phone. Bluetooth lets you control your wireless speaker, go hands-free with your GPS, and stay up today with your fitness tracker—all from your phone. Here’s how to use it.
Keep in mind: each Bluetooth device has different requirements for connecting, so make sure you read its instructions.
- On your phone, open Settings and tap Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on .
- Check your Bluetooth device and make sure it’s in discovery mode. Wait for it to show up under My Devices on your phone.
- Tap the name of your connected device under My Devices to pair.
- Your device is ready to use when it appears under the My Devices menu and says “Connected.”
Are You Connecting to Your Car?
If you’re connecting to your car, the steps are slightly different. Select Bluetooth Audio (sometimes labeled BT Audio) as the source on your car stereo.
Steps for pairing will vary depending on what kind of vehicle you have, so check your user manual for specific instructions. Most likely, you’ll have to use your car’s display screen to connect your phone and enter a PIN or code.