Connect Your iPhone to a Wi-Fi Network
Connecting to wireless internet (Wi-Fi) on your phone is a great way to access your favorite apps and websites when cell service is weak or you’re trying to conserve mobile data. The steps are the same for every network, so follow these instructions to connect to Wi-Fi, whether you’re at home, at the office, or in a public place.
How to Connect to Wi-Fi
- Open Settings > Wi-Fi and tap the switch to turn it on.
- Choose the network you want to use from the list of available networks. You’ll need to know the network name and password (if required).
- For your home Wi-Fi, you can find this information on your internet router.
- If it’s a work or public Wi-Fi network, ask the owner or administrator.
- Enter the password and tap Join.
Once you’re connected, you should see the Wi-Fi icon at the top of your screen. Simple, right?